Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Married Mother of 2 & Nana of two.

I seem to have always loved Walking sticks. I own several.

I dabble a little in woodcarving, & enjoy cutting out sticker designs for friends.

My most often carried stick is a solid fiberglass sorting pole cut to a comfortable height & a Golf club grip put on it instead of the one that came on it.

I then wrapped it in reflective tape for night visibility while out walking on the country roads with a couple of our dogs.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Yes its good to have a ladys idea,welcome to the site.

My wife is a walker leads a healthy walking group here, its open to anyone but maijnly over 50 s seem to attend .Its a purley voluntry thing here with about 10 different groups meeting on different days..Quite a lot of ladys attend them as they dont like walking on there own.hey oftern run buses to local areas to walk around the woods and historical sites.

Gives me a chance to carve and mess up the conservatory with my drawings and such like if im not in the workshop

Very few people walk at night other than those who have dogs , except for the summer evenings which get pretty busy with the walkers during the light evenings

I have never considedusing a reflective material although some of the walkers use refective arm bands, very pratical

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hello. Maybe you'll carve a stick yourself.

I've learned many things here. There's been discussion about using golf club or pool cue cores for sticks. I may have seen someone using one just the other night, as a matter of fact. Did not know anything about sorting poles, but it seems they must be pretty light, but strong. Thanks for the mention.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ok, every time I see your avatar, i feel inspired...not sure why..style, content, both probably, but it speaks to me. What is it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts