Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Super Moderator
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an alder root I found a while ago. It was in a kind of boggy area and had gone sideways a bit, exposing the roots. It looked like it would make a good nose out market stick/crook. Going to try the heat gun on it to squeeze up the bent area a little bit more. Might try an angled joint. Decided to remove the bark to show off the flow of the grain.
Wood Natural material Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Animal product Auto part
Plant Wood Tints and shades Road surface Human leg

· Super Moderator
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys.

@ Valky The ground here is a thin layer of topsoil on top of hard clay. Pretty crappy for gardening but ideal for exposed tree roots and saplings with roots which make good cane handles.

· Registered
200 Posts
Thanks, guys.

@ Valky The ground here is a thin layer of topsoil on top of hard clay. Pretty crappy for gardening but ideal for exposed tree roots and saplings with roots which make good cane handles.
I must admit after all these years I have not considered harvesting tree roots! I've used deadwood, live wood, drift wood and water logged wood but not roots. I reckon I just might have to look into that! Thanks! (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.