Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the high desert of Nevada.
I am a mostly retired person who has way too many hobbies, then again, who doesn't. LOL. My background in woodworking comes from my father, his love of it, and the ShopSmith he saved for. We had much fun using that monster. Would have been nice to keep it, but alas. The walking stick and cane interest came from a post operative need while walking and hiking around Mariposa Grove in Yosemite. There was a tourist store, my hip was hurting, and I walked out with a very nice stick. That stick has many medallions on it now, and I rarely use it anymore. Well, my interest and my need has come together to try my hand at making canes and hiking sticks. I am not a big carver though a spiral pattern on the shaft has my interest. Harvesting sticks is not easy here in the Reno area as we don't have any forests readily available. I takes a while to get to one so I have to look at other sources. I am sure I will learn much and enjoy the interactions.

· Administrator
Retired
203 Posts
Hey revnd we are glad you decided to join us, if there is anything we can do to help just let us know. Do y'all have honey suckle thickets out your way, if so that is a really good place to find twisted sticks. If not, there are ways to make your own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.