Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, new to this sight and it looks like the site is new . intersting to find this as i am new to carving walking sticks .i will be asking questions in the future once this site gets established. i have carved a few sticks but i,m a new carver and not excactly sure what i am doing.will post some pictures once i know what i am doing and good luck on getting the forum advertised etc GRANDPA RAY

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Welcome to the site Grandpa Ray! I am glad that you joined! I look forward to seeing your pictures!

If you have questions, feel free to post them. I am sure that an experienced carver might come along, see the questions, and respond to you. Heck, I might even know the answer! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have access to lots of willow trees and i want to find some and carve them as this is part of the enjoyment of the hobby.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup that sounds good to me as the snow is to deep in the swamp right now so will wait till the snow settles.in the mean time i may have to go fishing on the ice

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what is the proper way to use a walking stick??? the thick end to the bottom or the thin end to the bottom?? i have seen them both ways . i prefer the thicker end to the bottom . i put a rubber tip on the stick to help make it skidproof . :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Hi Grandpa ray,

I think personally the proper way is the way it suits you with respect to balance, and how it feels in hand. Sometimes you grab a stick

a certain way and it just feels right. :)

Reactions: Mason Jar
1 - 10 of 10 Posts