Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor's lilac tree was tipped over in Oct by heavy snow, however still alive. He decided to take it down and I had no choice to but to take some limbs for walking sticks now instead of the coming fall. I plan to leave the bark on and paint the ends with gesso. I do not know if I should put them in the garage attic to dry or not. It gets very hot in the summer in this semi arid northern Utah climate. Perhaps another location would be better to dry them. Open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
They should be fine in the as long as the attic has good air ventilation and some air can move around them, Tie them together and or to a straight object that will not bend in the heat, like a length of pipe or wood that is dry. that will help to keep them from warping as the dry. If the attic is not well vented I would put them in the garage if the is space. Or some where out side under cover but where air moves around them but out of the weather. I have never worked with lilac but that works with most woods.
Here is some information you may fined helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts