Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
152 Posts
welcome back Rodney, yeah, the forum fell into a bit of disarray but hopefully, you more seasoned members can get it back to where it once was.
I am the new Moderator and Admin representative for the forum. I also moderate a few other VS forums and they all have the same basic format. so if you move from one VS forum to another, you will feel right at home.
I am retired and moderating forums sometimes take up a big portion of my day. so I will be here at least 2-4 times a day.
if you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.
you come in high regards, so I'm anxious to see some of your projects.
John

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome back.
I haven't been making that many canes lately. I started a part time job about 2 years ago and haven't had as much shop time since. it's been mostly custom orders for crutches these days and I'm slow getting those out. I have one single forearm crutch approaching completion that I'll post when it's ready along with a set of Kinney crutches that are in the works.
Maybe hanging out here again will get me more motivated.
I just ordered some resin casting equipment so I can branch out a bit with my work but it'll be at least a few months before it's set up and ready.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Hi Rodney dww2 and I were hoping some of the older member would check in. You were on the list. Some good new members coming on and John S is working with the other site Admin people to improve it. They have done some already. I have been toying with the idea casting also. I have seen some really great cast/wood cane handles. I have not comited to it yet, I have picked up some supplies to do some inlay. I need to learn to that first that first.

·
Administrator
Retired
203 Posts
Rodney, I am new here but really like this forum. I would really like to see some of your work, as long as you have been at it you have got to be really good. We are glad you decided to come back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.