Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use the small 16th inch shaft burs quite often for clean up and detail work. Just do not have the hands for doing that kind of detail by hand any more. Storage and accessing of these in a compartmented box was not convenient eather. A few years ago I reach in to my fishing gear and grabbed a Fly Box. It is great for storing these burs. Easy to see the bur you want and to access it. I used a small finishing nail to make the hole for the burs. often you can get older 16th inch burs from yout denist.

Rectangle Font Automotive lighting Technology Machine

Attachments

Reactions: MJC4

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dentist refused to give me anything. Claimed it was a hygiene issue.
That's to bad. My dentist likes my work and has one of my sticks. He will put a few old bits in the sterilizer. Take him a stick and ask him to trade. ;-)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Looks like a very handy solution to storage issues.

A year or so ago, I picked up something to hold bits in for when (or if) I try to take a more serious stab at carving. It was a lollypop display which used to hang on a cash register at one of the stores I serviced. It's about 1.5 feet long and has +/- 15 rows of little hollow "branches" which stick out from the main body so the lollypop sticks slide into each hollow. The plastic body is half-round and has strong magnets top to bottom on the flat back side so it will stick to the pole by the check out lane. I have some small rolling racks (also scrounged from work) which are metal so the bit holder should stick to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts