Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Nicely done pieces Pennswoods.

I make my sticks as a hobby. I have brought some to a couple craft fairs recently. Here in the Midwest the simple sticks with a wood burned design or a wrapped handgrip seem to sell a bit. I price them between $25 - $ 35. The more intricate carved pieces get a lot of attention and positive comments but folks in these parts don't want to part with what I think is a fair price and IMO very reasonable $60- $80.

I and others on the forum have found people that attend a craft fair are always looking for a "deal". I carve a lot of small Christmas ornaments and such they seem to do well in the late fall/winter craft shows. Those pieces I will bundle and sell for a "deal" Though many people use a walking aid, the market for people that appreciate a handcrafted, hand carved stick is fairly small. I will continue to make pieces that I enjoy and if they sell for a fair price, fine, if not they will add to my collection!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.