Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if its the right place to post this.

So over the weekend I wanted to try my hand at carving a animal head so that in the future i could intergrate it to a walking stick .

so i found a old piece of pine dowel and started carving free hand. The fun thing is that i did not start with any set idea of what i was going to make. kinda like when you scribble a line on a piece of paper and it turnes out to be something cool. Well this turned out to be a eagles head. some would say that carving or sculting is exposing the traped spirit in the medium...starting to belive this.

Hope you guys like it.

Cheers

Outerwear Human body Wood Sleeve Art
Jaw Wood Natural material Artifact Plant
View attachment 25628

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
Turned out pretty sweet. Well over half the time when I try to carve something, I don't finish it because it doesn't look like what I'd imagined. Maybe I'm just not listening to the wood.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turned out pretty sweet. Well over half the time when I try to carve something, I don't finish it because it doesn't look like what I'd imagined. Maybe I'm just not listening to the wood.
Thank you, I just got lucky I guess. actually sold it today to one of my old clients when I use to make knives. he's going to use it for a bowie handle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.