Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Just opened my stickmaker magazine ,Nice to see a member of the forum article in there with some good photos .

Good for stick makers and the forum

Nice one Randy

Whilst on the subject The British stickmakers guild are holding the final round of the British National stickmaking championship on Sunday 9th Oct. At the Agricultural Business Way Bakewell Derbyshire hoping to be there ,sounds if there will be plenty to see with a few workshops

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm going to try to be there, got something going on in Ashford in the water, a village near-ish. If you see a large chap, skinhead and tattoos then that is most likely me :)

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
The magazine is the quarterly from the British guild of stickmakers You get one if you join the guild I think it costs £12 for seniors, It usually has very good articles in it a good read with plenty of hints and tips

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to try to be there, got something going on in Ashford in the water, a village near-ish. If you see a large chap, skinhead and tattoos then that is most likely me :)
if your going we could meet up have a coffee.so let me know

If you see a tall handsome chap then that's not me

·
Registered
181 Posts
if your going we could meet up have a coffee.so let me know

If you see a tall handsome chap then that's not me
I'll do my best. If you think you are in danger of being mugged - that's me. Seriously. I have a face for Crimewatch.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope to pick up some wood and ferules at the show and will try not to get any more tools . but will check out equipment for bulking rams horn going with the wife so i hope she will enjoy it . will also check on new books out on the subject . Will get some photos on the competition sticks I hope . so will post them on line for others unable to get there

enjoy you stickmaking and have fun

·
Registered
907 Posts
Have now seen your post in the current issue of Stickmaker magazine Randy, you have shown some nice looking sticks and they gave you a good Header, well done

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.