Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gnome stick with a painted topper to finish (possibly antique then spar varnish). The other stained gnome topper needs a staff & finish. My aunts leprechaun needs paint, a staff and a finish. I just whittled up another wood spirit topper that will need a staff and finish.

Finally, a lady came up to me at the campground while I was carving on the wood spirit and asked me if I could make a scottie dog walking stick for her. I told her when I got home I'd give it a try. I need to prioritize and get some of these projects finished.

The lady that asked for the Scottish terrier stick is willing too pay for it, guess she just went to the top of the list. I just hope I can make a scottie dog that doesn't look too much like a wolf head!

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Its good to have several projects on the go ,I usually do oftern find it helps just to put it where you can see it in the workshop it oftern helps to refine the carving.,and if you rush things them thats when there spoilt or try to finish it just because its there, dosnt help

Hope your good at dogs just dont bark up the wrong stick, But a little scotty would be fun to do

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I have 6 projects going now that are for others and another 4 or 5 of my own. I would not know what to do if I did not have something waiting to be work on.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
its a must to have projects on the go or at lest some in the drawing stage

Its other peoples stuff that get in the way you feel oblilged to do it and its mostly a favour because they know you wont charge them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts