Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I still haven't got the hang of posting pics! lol

Here's a couple of knife handles that will soon have flint blades hafted to them.

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Dang. Don't know which end of the knife will be scarier, the blade or the handle. Nice carving and coloring.

I find there are 2 Moro creeks, at least. One in California, and another in Arkansas. You in either of those?

·
Registered
96 Posts
gdenby,

I guess I should work on my Profile, huh? I'm in south central Arkansas. I live near and teach math at Fordyce, Ar. I live about a quarter mile from Moro Creek.... which is probably more of a slow moving bayou than a creek. It's where I collect most of my sticks.... in the "bottoms". Lots of American Hornbeam ( Ironwood) and Honeysuckle.... along with Sweetgum saplings. Thanks for the compliments on the knife handles.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The pictures might not be so hot, but from what I can see, the handles look great. Is that a craved or inset arrow head on one?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a carved arrowhead... Another one on the other side. Thanks for the kind remarks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like that you found wood with natural handles. I've been looking, but finding those is harder than I thought it would be. I've found good handles, with no shaft, and good shafts with no natural handle. I've only been hunting sticks for three months or so, so I figure I'm due to find one soon.

Yours are just gorgeous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts