Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Looks good. A lathe is a nice piece of equipment to have.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Nicely done. Look forward to the handle you chose for it.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Sweet looking piece! Looking forward to a pic of the finished product.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the finish is high gloss acrylic..I'm thinking brass or chrome,gonna give it some more thought..

·
Registered
969 Posts
Brass seems better to me. The walnut color seems mostly in the warm range. So brass would go along, but still be visually outstanding. Chrome seems sort of cold.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I think chrome it will provide a better contrast , or mayby push the boat out and go for silver.. Mind you my budget wouldnt go for it

Whateveryou choose it will work the shank will look good .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well,I have made a decision on the handle..It's going to be a continuation of walnut.The shaft was kinda short so I thought an extension was in order..Here's a couple pics of how I did it so far..Will turn tomorrow and I'm leaning towards turquoise inlays in the handle for highlights..

Wood Automotive tire Wood stain Flooring Floor Wood Tool Hand tool Auto part Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I can see you have put a good deal of time and effort into the stick and have your own individual style .Its something i havnt seen before well done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.