Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I've purchased what's called a "Farmers Bundle" consisting of miscellaneous strips and pieces of various leathers in color, finish and thicknesses etc. Basically it's a bag of scraps but it's turned out well for me for use on my canes and walking sticks. I used to get them at the local hardware store but of course they discontinued it. I did find the bundle again however at Hobby Lobby but at a higher price but still affordable. I'm wondering if any other crafters here use the leather bundle to accentuate the sticks.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Hi valky307, I just got a new bundle of scraps From Amazon. On the site just search “bundled scrap leather.“ I just got a 3lb pile. The have a number of sizes. I am going to do some stick with leather grips. may try a cane or two also . This is my 48” dog walking stick I put a group on.

Wood Natural material Nickel Metal Composite material

Natural material Sword Metal Composite material Nickel

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Good to know. Thanks for the info. My trinity of products for making hiking sticks is wood, brass and leather followed by design and skill!
Your products are much more refined compared to my roughout Southern Plains but maybe I can learn from your posted skills. I think I might have the talent but not the tools.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I love doing the more rustic look sticks. I started with those. And all the tools were a small X-acto set and a pocket full of I want to. There is a lot of how to knowledge here on the forum Just share your questions and odds are good some one can help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.