Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been in the shop much at all for a while now. We're busy playing Living Room Tetris.- A massive re-organization of our small and crowded living room. Repainting and rearranging. Nothing will be the same when it's done. It's about time. We've had a few pieces of furniture and stuff that really should be used and displayed instead of just stored in the garage. We're almost there. Just another day or so to go.

So what are you all up to?

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
Working a lot lately so haven't spent much time in the shop either. Finally got some poly on that new stick with the neat handle. Been playing with an idea I had for a shank I'd cut which was a bit thick; I drilled a bunch of random holes in it and shaved down some off cuts to fit in the holes. Going to glue them in and rasp them smooth so they look like knots. But then I thought I'd take a bigger drill and do some more holes, some of which will overlap the smaller ones. I think it was a coffee table or bowl turning video on youtube that gave me the idea, can't remember now. I think the guy used just dowels instead of off cuts though.

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
Some pics. Also got some poly on a couple I finished a week or so ago. Ash handle with a cocobolo spacer on a yellow birch shank and cherry root handle with cherry burl and antler spacers on maple shank. The cherry root had a lot of bark inclusions so I had to rasp down to get into some good wood but it looked odd so I added a bit of cherry burl.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.