Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Originally from just ouside a southwestern Oklahoma town of population 600.

Tulsa, OK since 1982.
Our kids went through school and college here.

But the country boy still lives within.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I currently live in Lakeland, Florida. Where are you guys from?
It seems like I learned in some geology class forty years ago that phosphate is quarried for use in fertilizers in the Lakeland area. Is that still a major industry there?

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, not anymore. I know that it was in years past, but not now. Citrus groves were the other major industry of years past, but there are much fewer now. We have a few colleges here, and a couple big companies. Publix is a very large grocery store chain, and is headquartered here.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I live on Vancouver Island, in the beautiful province of British Columbia, Canada
Welcome Wayne, good to have you on here!

I'm over the pond from Wayne, and down the trail a bit. Chilliwack, B.C.

Sean

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
From Holmes county Ohio (Amish country) we own 51 acres of farm with 20 acres of sticks! (wooded)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Northern Indiana, in the area often called "Michiana." Specifically, South Bend. Lived in the area for most of my life.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was born in Cleveland, Ohio but I have lived my entire life in southern West Virginia. My legs don't work right on flat land so I guess I'll stay.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I was born in Cleveland, Ohio but I have lived my entire life in southern West Virginia. My legs don't work right on flat land so I guess I'll stay.
I've got an old buddy who moved to Eureka Spring, Arkansas years ago. When I go for a visit, my legs ache from being on the Ozark slopes for hours at a time. He mentioned that it took him 6 months to get used to it, and that was back when he was spry.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I've got an old buddy who moved to Eureka Spring, Arkansas years ago. When I go for a visit, my legs ache from being on the Ozark slopes for hours at a time. He mentioned that it took him 6 months to get used to it, and that was back when he was spry.
gdenby: is your buddy like those Arkansas cattle now, one leg longer than the other? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I was born and breed in Co. Wicklow which is known as the Garden County of Ireland. 5 years ago I moved up to the Wicklow Mountains and love it here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts