Walking Stick Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Looked all over for the Stetson. My wife thinks I gave it to Goodwill (a charity) years ago during a move. So here's my current cowboy hat. Also note the Buchanan plaid!
Arm Tartan Musical instrument Human body Wood

Sorry, the room is dark and the iPad camera didn't adjust as could a real camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Nice one but why are you standing on your head?lol

okay i will look for one in my hat its a couple of years old just like me but will post it later

and it looks as tho your ready for buisness with that stick in you hand

many thanks for your effort

but will bid you all a godnight its 1.30am here

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Happy days some good some bad

This was about the time when i meet an american on goodwill vist to the town i think only very young he bought some peanut butter and fruit luxury to us at the time but the taste of peanut butter cant stand it even today

But this was a time of escapisum from the bomb damage and rationing

Quite a few americans where billeted in these parts think mainly do to the large amounts of airfileds there where in the county

i drigress not what this site is for sorry

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
No need to apologize, cobalt. Best of luck to you and your friends and family there. I had a neighbor who is now gone, but who was a decorated navigator for a bomber stationed in England. Once, he described to me how he came to have a wooden leg.

They had been shot up over Europe the previous day, had minor repairs made, and took off again the next morning, heading for the channel. The plane began shaking terribly, and then began to break apart. Parachutes were hanging by a door, and he grabbed his and put it on. The plane blew up and he lost consciousness. Then, while falling through the air, he awoke just long enough to pull the rip cord, before passing out again. What woke him was his partly severed leg hitting him in the head.

As luck would have it, he fell into the edge of a forest, next to a road. A vehicle that was carrying a nurse to work at a nearby military hospital was driving down that road at that very moment, and saw him descend, as his chute was caught up on the tree limbs. They cut him down, stopped the bleeding, and rushed him to the hospital.

He returned to become a senior level geologist at Tulsa's Cities Service Company. His name was Fred Oglesby. Fred passed away about ten years ago.

Those were difficult times a few years before I was born.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.