Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start this thread in hopes that it will spur me to make this my year of clearing out my stick buckets.

I am going to start with a clean slate...literally. I cleaned my workspace out in the garage and semi-organized. I am going to start with finishing some on going sticks and design some new ones

Attachments

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
wow a near clean bench give you 2 days to mess it up and everything around it lol

I have tidy up my workspace well the workshop, nees to tidy up the conservatory art work all over the place

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe once it warms up :) Things do seem to pile up, but at least I have gotten organized to get running

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow, very nice work space, JJ !
smiley_emoticons_mttao_kehren.gif
Looks like you've got some nice sticks there to play with too.

BTW, that is perhaps THE most comfortable work stool I've ever seen!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,It is fairly comfy. I still have some clean up to do on the other side (not pictured :))

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew when I started this thread things would fall apart ;) Hard winter, chickens, new job with things to learn, garden prep, honey do's...and mainly I just have carver's block. Going to try and break through this weekend...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
That will be a good looking cane JJireh.

Reactions: JJireh

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
JJireh, good start on what will be a mighty handsome looking cane. Do you know what type of maple?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all.

Fairly sure it's Silver Maple, I picked it up from a logging site. It was already pushed down and had been for a while. The cracks occurred during that time and most all of the bark was gone or ruined. Still sturdy and hard as a rock. I have to strop regularly :)

Cobalt, either way, I'm still gonna be smiling. Those things that interfere are almost always of value (family, outdoors, celebrations, etc.) Honestly, I could make time if I really wanted ;) I usually end up staying up too late though.

Little more work last nightl.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
JJireh, of course you know I love the naturally bent canes. I make it a point when it in the woods to actively look for these shape. Looks like yours is going to be very nice!

Reactions: JJireh

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
While I found this one, I pull saplings most every year and if you dig down into the root mass, I have found most of them have some form of bend

1 - 14 of 14 Posts